Project Officer “Climate Change”
Main responsibilities for the Cool Contributions Project (50%):
1.Project coordination and monitoring:
- Support work plan implementation in close coordination with the C4 project staff in Germany;
- Update the work plan and monitoring scheme of the project on a continuous basis;
- Facilitate project coordination with the key counterparts such as the Ozone Layer Protection Center - OLPC (in the Department of Meteorology, Hydrology and climate change – DMHCC of MONRE) and the Ministry of Industry and Trade – MOIT and other relevant stakeholders;
- Plan, coordinate, and implement stakeholder workshops;
- Support counterparts and GIZ staff in implementing consulting contracts, local subsidy contracts and/or financial contracts;
- Assist and follow up with local consultants in carrying out studies, cost-benefit analyses, inventories, stakeholder meetings, and site visits;
- Support execution of procurement activities in coordination with GIZ staff and counterparts;
- Support the project in the operational execution of all relevant administrative affairs.
2. Knowledge management:
- Support proper documentation and dissemination of C4 activities for reporting and communication purposes;
- Collection of relevant information from ongoing national processes and discussions as well as different projects and organizations.
Main responsibilities for the NAMA Project (50%):
- Support the projects’ national counterparts in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) and the Viet Nam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate Change (IMHEM) as well as relevant sector ministries in the area of conceptual design and development of specific sectoral NAMAs and the development of respective MRV systems;
- Support the organisation of technical meetings, workshops, training courses and conferences on NAMAs;
- Assist the Project Management in managing communication and cooperation between project partners and various involved governmental and non-governmental institutions/ organisations;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of activities, prepare reports and presentation material;
- Support the implementation of institutional capacity-strengthening measures;
- Assist the Project Management in managing communication and cooperation between project partners and various involved governmental and non-governmental institutions/ organizations;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of activities, prepare reports and presentation material.
- University degree, ideally in a subject related to at least one of the following fields: environmental science, climate change, energy, economics, Refrigeration Air Conditioning & Foam (RAC&F)
- At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in public advisory services or in the private sector, with a focus on at least one of the following fields: environmental science, climate change, energy, finance, RAC&F or similar fields
- Experience in project management, change processes, and multi-stakeholder coordination in Viet Nam
- Experience in economic and technical analysis, public awareness-raising and capacity-building activities would be an asset
- High level of written and oral communications and report writing skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Very good analytical and writing skills
- Prior work experience with international development assistance organizations and programs.
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet)
- Demonstrated networking skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Dynamic and self-motivated character
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email provided in the GIZ Application form or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi), before 24th April 2017.
Note: Please state “Application for Project Officer – NAMA Project” in the subject line or on the envelope.The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form by clicking "Apply button"
- Experience: 3 - 5 Years