Project Officer (CSI)
Areas of Responsibility:
The Project Officer will support Vietnam’s activities coordinated by the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) in conjunction with other national ministries responsible for climate services and information as well as infrastructure in the frame of the CSI project, regarding technical and operational support, process planning, project implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of results achieved by the project. Besides the national level support in Viet Nam, the Project Officer will exchange with project components executed by the international counterparts in line with the project’s objectives and indicators. The technical advisory of the CSI Project Management Committee in Vietnam which includes MPI, GIZ and other partners will be defined at the beginning of the project.
- Technical support to the processes of prioritization and implementation of project activities;
- Support the management and coordination of project activities;
- Technical support for the selection processes and execution of pilot projects in Vietnam (Mekong Delta);
- Elaboration of terms of reference for contracting consultancies;
- Technical, administrative and financial follow-up of contracted activities and quality control, as well as reporting;
- Support in the dissemination of results and support the up-scaling of best practices;
- Institutional coordination with national, international and other partner institutions;
- Support to the management of actors involved in the project management and implementation processes;
- Elaboration of inputs for annual/ semi-annual project progress reports;
- Elaboration of presentation and communication materials in coordination with national and international partners;
- Regular participation and active cooperation with GIZ’s adaptation team at headquarters and in Vietnam;
- Degree in Engineering (civil, electrical, transport, or related fields) or Post-Graduate degree in Economics, Environmental or Social Sciences
- At least of 3-5 years of working experiences in the following related project areas: infrastructure projects; risk analysis and project feasibility including climate proofing, climate risk analysis and adaptation measures
- Experience in communicating climate information to various target groups and with the public sector
- Experience in organizational change and in project management
- Experience in working with interdisciplinary and inter-institutional teams
- Working experience in the context of international cooperation and knowledge of the work of international cooperation, especially in technical cooperation, as well as a clear understanding of its role and contribution
- Political sensitivity and good analytical capacity
- Good communication, oral and written, and ability to articulate with different actors
- Fluency written and spoken in English
- Proactivity, creativity and flexibility
- Good management skills and high level of efficiency
Availability for travel inside and outside Vietnam.
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email provided in the GIZ Application form or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 5th May 2017.
Note: Please state “Application for Project Officer (CSI)” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form by clicking "Apply" button
- Experience: 3 - 5 Years