- Department: Food & Beverage
- Report to: National Managing Director
- Brand: All brands at branches
- To manage: F&B Coordinator.
- Working location: National
1. General Tasks:
- The Food and Beverage manager is responsible for the overall Food & Beverage program at AUTOGRILLVFS F&B. Together with his teams he coordinating menu-offerings, supply chain management, Marketing and Brands, F&B control, quality assurance and logistic process’s to support the operational departments at AUTOGRILL VFS F&B to improve the overall guest experience while maintaining compliance with company practices, sales-cost projections, and mission statements.
- Supply Chain Management
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Marketing and Brand Management
- Food Development and Quality Assurance
- Internal and external logistics
2. Essential Responsibilities:
a. Supply Chain Management
- Scan markets to identify best potential fit for company in terms of suppliers and products.
- Drive negotiations in order to ensure best in class terms and conditions.
- Driver partnership concept with suppliers in order to drive results for both parties involved.
- Inspire teams to work according Centralized Supply Chain strategy in order to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Processing agreements with suppliers and update the Food and Beverage Management System accordingly.
- Work closely with HMSHost International and other stakeholders to maximize purchase power and have access to global/regional deals.
b. F&B Cost Control
- Implement, maintain the International cost controlling systems and procedures in order to fulfill auditing requirements. Ensure traceability of COGS from supplier to financial reports.
- Drive the process of engineering both assortments, suppliers and efficiency to maximize benefits of systems.
- Ensure Operations works according to agreed standards embedded in the system. Coach Operations and instruct operations of variances which are analyzed. Drive sales price strategy for all outlets.
- Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure balance between quantity, quality and price for all purchases.
c. Marketing and Brand Management
- Translate Brands requests into beneficial company tactics.
- Measuring and discussing the quality of the brands and AUTOGRILL VFS F&B stores/outlets with those involved. Act as single point of contact towards the brands for all back off the house communication (assortment, promotions, long-term planning, escalation of operation deviation of standards, etc.)
- Develops external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities for the outlets. Evaluates all promotions in order to create self-learning system.
- Actively communicate to external stakeholders the USP of Autogrill VFS as the best in class hospitality partner for people on the move.
- Overall coordination and contact with suppliers and Facility Management for the decoration of the various sales points;
- Develop and evaluate food and beverage sales promotions in coordination with internal and external parties using a standard approach of setting targets, budgets, goals, analyzing procedures, etc.
- Taking care of the signing, promotional materials and price information in our outlets in line with set budgets..
- Maintaining the staff motivation program inside AUTOGRILL VFS F&B
d. Food Development and Quality Assurance
- Work closely with chefs on the F&B menus proposed for all outlets and special events.
- Strong driver in the team to implement innovative assortments, which improve customer loyalty and drive sales/margin potential.
- Ensures that operational standards are met in regards to sanitation codes and laws, food storage, and loss prevention. Work closely with external auditing companies on both Mystery Shoppers as well as Food Safety Auditors.
e. Internal and External Logistics
- Ensure External and internal logistics are tailored to the best integral company result. Coach internal logistics team.
- Ensure supplier quality standards are checked according to procedure and strive to follow HACCP rules within the internal logistics
f. Management Team
- Works closely with Food and Beverage team and other teams of HMSHost International in order to participate in best practices and follow the set guidelines of the mother company.
- Work closely with other Management Team members to achieve overall goals and initiate cross department functional teams to improve efficiency throughout the company.
- Participates in setting the pace for long-term goals of the company. Involved in the development of operating budgets for the department’s revenue outlets.
- Monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are under risk.
- Supports HR in developing on-going professional training programs for food production, counter, production and service personnel.
- Think out of the box and identify company improvements in all fields to become the beloved food service operator of Vietnam.
- Manages his teams to strive to continuously improve their output. Develops the team members to become successful and become the future leaders of companies.