Leads and administrates the Purchasing Staffs in the workcell, support the development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies and systems. Responsible for optimizing the overall cost of materials, develop supply base and Supply Chain strategies, negotiate pricing, terms and agreements for materials that are strategic or specific to the Business Unit.
Reports to Purchasing Manager
- Supervise the daily activities of the purchasing function.
- Reviews purchasing decisions, orders, and vendor contracts.
- Oversee the ordering of materials and supplies from vendors.
- Optimizes overall cost of materials.
- Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard Costing process.
- Work with Materials Quote Analysts to quote new and existing materials.Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities. Select suppliers based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality and terms and conditions.
- Support, execute and provide inputs to determine Quoted cost to the customer, to improve sourcing options and Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
- Work with BUM to obtain customers' authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customer's behalf.
- Understand suppliers, their capabilities, market trend and technologies for assigned commodities.
- Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit/visits, certifications and performance reviews on overall cost, delivery and quality to develop and continuously improve supply base.
- Understand customers' business requirements and work with Purchasing Manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs. Influence customer's supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil.
- Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of Jabil and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard Jabil terms and conditions.
- Ensure that workcell purchasing staffs are given proper training, tools and resources to execute their job functions. Develop and facilitate workcell specific training.
- Perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.