Responsible for organizing, managing and supervising the Clay inspection/Spray operations to ensure attainment of production targets with quality products and minimal wastage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and supervises work activities of subordinates involved in white inspection, trap glazing, spraying, foot cleaning, stamping and reclaim collecting to ensure adherence to prescribed standards and procedures.
- Prepares work schedules of subordinates and adjusts work distribution to meet operational requirements.
- Checks daily clay-pool for white inspection and spray. Advises cast shop department of any problem in volume or mix.
- Checks transfer of wares from the cast shop to spray department. Checks rejected defective pieces of ware and calls attention of Casting Manager/Casting Supervisors on defects.
- Checks thoroughly first-fire glaze quality, glaze control sheets and glaze specification/targets. Closely coordinates with Lab and Slip & Glaze House to ensure prompt glaze supply with good quality.
- Inspects wares on skids/conveyors for defects and quality trends. Calls attention of concerned subordinates regarding the defects and initiates needed steps to improve quality.
- Conducts periodic tour of spray department to check operations to make sure production delays and problems are detected and attended to at once.
- Checks for the proper handling of equipment and machines. Notifies maintenance regarding equipment trouble or breakdown and elevates to superior those needing acknowledgement or major repair. Implements and maintains proper preventive maintenance procedure.
- Checks to make sure the reclaim collecting procedures being well followed to attain the highest collected reclaim at good quality.
- Trains and orients new production associates on their duties and responsibilities.
- Implements and maintains safety/security measures, personnel rules and Company regulation.
- Implements and maintains the best housekeeping for all equipment, tools and working area.
- Prepares, maintains and submits to immediate superior pertinent production reports.
- Attends daily clay loss and glost court meeting. Analyses problems encountered and initiates needed actions to improve or maintain quality of wares.
- Attends necessary meetings when required.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly departmental budget on manpower, equipment, spare parts, materials and operating supplies for approval of superior.
- Perform other duties common to supervisory jobs.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.