1. Operations duties
a. Merchandise management
- Supervise subordinates to ensure:
· Received merchandise at loading bay is in correct quantity, quality and specifications.
· Merchandise on sales floor is fully replenished, in good conditions & quality.
· All the display merchandise is according to schematic plan and all the price between display merchandise and price card is tally.
· Changing price label (if necessary) is completed before store opens.
- Verify and approve inventory orders, merchandise return & transfer, PA zero raised by Division Leader(s) & Group Leaders.
- Plan, prepare and assign tasks for subordinates for bi-annual Stock Take and support Foodline with monthly Stock Take as directed by Store Manager.
- Plan, assign duties for subordinates to make necessary preparation for Membership Day, Mommy Day and Public Holidays.
b. Non-merchandise management
- Supervise subordinates to ensure:
· Operational equipment, lighting and fixtures (gondola, wagon, shelves, etc.) are in good conditions.
· Sales floor/pillar/wall is kept clean & tidy.
· All backrooms are locked and in good conditions.
· Fire Safety procedure is carried out properly.
- Make order request for equipment and get approval from Store Manager.
c. Customer service
- Handle customer complaints raised by Division Leader(s), difficult and complicated sales.
- Always remind subordinate to promote “customer first” spirit.
- Follow Company’s Rules on Customer Service (greeting, smiling, bowing and attitude towards customers).
2 . Sales and Profits
- Brief subordinates on yesterday sales achievement, today sales budget, up-to-date sales achievement, promotion and company updates.
- Share information about customer voice or any arising issues.
- Breakdown the sales target given by the Management to each Division Leader and take responsibilities for sales target achievement of the Department.
- Plan daily sales target on a monthly basis, basing on target of the month announced by Merchandise Department.
- Analyze sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits.
- Analyze and interpreting trends to facilitate planning.
- Take overall responsibility for the successful execution of all promotion schemes.
- Work with Merchandising Dept. for any changes/improvement in merchandise assortment, quality and quantity.
- Prepare for higher management review:
· Weekly: sales information, sales promotion review and report of slow moving items.
· Monthly: Division review, Promotion review, Sales analysis, Productivity report.
· Promotion schemes to boost sales.
- Take leading role in identifying any arising issues affecting sales and operation and proposing corrective actions to the Management.
- Take leading role in seeking and working towards solutions to mitigate merchandise loss/shrinkage.
3. Manpower management
- Optimize people productivity by manpower planning and implementation to achieve target and maximum productivity.
- Ensure efficient leadership to direct the Line/ Department towards Company’s business strategies.
- Monitor subordinates’ attendance and attire.
- Approve duty roster, shift plan raised by subordinates.
- Be responsible for subordinates’ performance.
- Take part in recruitment & selection activities for Line/ Department’s staffing.
- Motivate, training and develop staff in order to encourage their professional development.
- Identify potential staff for succession planning purposes.
- Build and promote team work spirit.
4. Rules and Regulations
- Follow all working procedures, the company’s policies, rules and regulations.
- Check, monitor, remind and guide subordinates to follow the rules and regulations.
5. Other duties
- Opening store, Closing store.
- Approve all kind of documentation raised by subordinates.
Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Store Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University/College graduate.
- Minimum 05 year experience in retail business & 02 year experience in managing a team of at least 30 staffs.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Computer literacy (Ms. Office, Internet,… ).
- Sound knowledge of retail background.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good problem solving & presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations at work.
- Good command of English: verbal and written.
- Be able to work at shift & public holidays.
Have ability to relocate to other Stores as per Company’s assignment is a plus.