Ho Chi Minh
PSK' Client is looking for:
Business Development Manager is responsible for leading store expansion and continuous growth of Vietnam market by developing short, medium and long-term Strategy in alignment to brand's business strategy. Business Development Manager will need to take appropriate implementation of planning and delivering the profitability by ensuring Opex and Capex of the sales channel are properly planned and managed to deliver strong Brand EBITDA and EBIT. This position will need to ensure stores get the right support, services to achieve their business targets and the customers who walk into the store get to experience the best facilities and contribute to the growth of sales & operations.
Plan the profitable expansion of existing brands within Vietnam with proper consideration to brand performance and market trends (e.g. changes in customer habits, decline of department stores, expansion of live selling), or of product categories (decline of high-heel shoes, expansion of sneakers), and changes in demographics in different parts of the country (e.g. growing or declining affluence and populations in different parts of Vietnam), new mall development and competitor activity.
• The expansion plan should meet the Board’s investment targets with regards return on investment and pay back, and add incremental net profit to the company while building the long-term market share of each brand.
• Store investments (renovation and opening) should meet the brand and CBO expectation for brand identify, but be rigorously checked for capital efficiency. Opportunities to value engineer, and negotiate costs should result in decrease in capex costs in rollout compared to first instance of each store design.
• Investment strategy should consider update and maintenance of existing ageing stores, to ensure we maintain our brand positioning, and keep pace with competitor activity and changes to demographics in existing locations.
• Sourcing, negotiating and executing of potential both new deals and renewals with landlords; negotiating rental terms on behalf of Vietnam's brand for highest return including such items as space, base and percentage rent, term of lease, extra charges, etc;
• Facilitate/ensure communication between Leasing, Legal and Construction, Finance to ensure that necessary work to execute is completed in timely manner; resolves problems as necessary.
• Manages the budgeting and forecasting all permanent rental income in an effort to maximize revenue and minimize downtime presenting an overall plan to the management and related stakeholders.
• Partner/collaborate with other key internal partners to execute the store development’s goals and vision including Marketing, Sales & Operations, Visual Merchandise, Legal & Finance teams
• Sales vs budget (As per assigned KPI)
• Profit vs budget (As per assigned KPI)
• Store Cost Ratio % (FUNCTIONAL KPI)
• Capex IRR and Payback (FUNCTIONAL KPI)
• Cost/sqm of store investment (FUNCTIONAL KPI)
• YOY Growth (FUNCTIONAL KPI)
• 5+ year Retail business, strong skill in leasing field
• Fluent in English
• Proven track record in leasing & sourcing of new sites for business expansion
• Strong relationship with landlords, realtors in fashion retail
• Strong change management and cross functional skills
• Dynamic, flexible and fast-paced mindset
Ho Chi Minh