Head Of Operations CL & SCM Vietnam
|Deadline to apply||06/12/2020|
|Industry||Freight / Logistics / Warehouse|
|Experience||10 - 20 Years|
1 GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Accountable for the P&L & Operational performance of assigned Schenker warehouse operations in both North & South Vietnam
2 SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the P&L performance in order to meet budgeted requirements
- Lead & develop people. Direct reports are site operations manager.
- Promote a culture of pro-activeness, problem solving and teamwork.
- Drive operations excellence, 5S, continuous improvement and best practice sharing.
- Drive development of the warehouse team and succession planning.
- Support the BD team in solution design and costing.
- Lead meetings with existing clients, regular business reviews.
- Participate in meetings with new clients together with BD.
- P&L owner in terms of cost. Drive cost savings initiatives.
- Ensure SOP’s are always updated and followed.
- Ensure safe working conditions in close cooperation with HSSE.
- Drive service quality and cost efficiency of subcontracted warehouse services.
- Promote trust and team spirit with other departments such as Transport, HSSE, Commercial Management, BD, IT and Procurement.
- Set goals for the team and track progress.
3 SKILLS REQUIRED
- Very good people management skills
- Good written and spoken Vietnamese and English, able to communicate in international meetings
- Very good understanding of warehouse processes and WMS functionality
- Sound knowledge of warehouse & distribution processes
- Able to set the right priorities for self and staff
- Able to work in a structured manner - yet flexible to meet changing customer needs
- Team player but also a strong leader for the warehouse team.
- Able to analyze data and derive conclusions
4 EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- University degree in a commercial or technical subject
- Minimum 10 years working experience in a Global 3PL and/or Distribution and/or Operations Manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership with effective results achieved
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading & developing large teams
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience in an international company
- Capable in designing warehouse processes, layout, storage systems and defining functional requirements for a WMS.