A. General purpose of the position:
Incident Management Officer working as an co-ordinator with all the relevant stakeholders to make sure the all the reported incidents in the hospital was received, investigated and managed its outcome as well as action to prevent recurrence.
B. Key duties and responsibilities:
- Incident Management Officer will give training about incident for all newcomers to make sure they are aware about the incident management system, how to report incident, workflows and purpose of creating incident.
- Coordinate with relevant departments or HR to arrange the training program for Vietnamese new staff on Orientation Program in the beginning of the month or separately for foreigner staff.
- Support the users to fill the form or report incident if they couldn’t or facing any problem with the system.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time
The Incident Management Officer will receive all the incidents of the hospital and work accordingly, as following:
- Assign a number to the incident and update the Incident Report Index.
- Translate the content of the incident report (Description of Incident & Immediate Action taken) into English if the reporter couldn’t write in English.
- The Quality Incident Officer must assess the risk level of the incident:
Step 1 = Severity Assessment Coding: serious, major, moderate, minor, and minimal
Step 2 = Determination of the frequency or likelihood of recurrence
Step 3 = Determination of the Risk Code
Step 4 = Identify Action Required
3. Investigation Incident:
The Quality Incident Officer must try to capture all relevant information about an incident to ensure that the complete nature of the incident is documented and understood. From that, the Plan of Action should be formulated and followed up to prevent the recurrence.
- Assign the involved persons to drop their investigations and recommendation
- Investigate incident further if the information from the assigned persons was not adequate.
- Contribute factors causing the issue.
4. Plan of Action formulating:
Incident Management Officer will be responsibility on formulating the Plan of Action to prevent the recurrence.
- Formulate Plan of Action for the incident reported by collecting recommendations from the involved stakeholders.
- Put this finalized preventive measurements on the incident online system to track the implement of the tasks.
- Follow up with the persons in charge for these assigned tasks and set status “Closed” for the incident if those tasks were completed.
5. Incident Report:
Monthly and Yearly Report on incidents shall be prepared by the Quality Incident Officer. This report will be sent and combined with other reports in QA Team and will be sent to Executive to review monthly.
6. Online System management:
Incident Management Officer will work with ICT Department and outsource company for the maintenance of the system.
- Coordinate and report any error of system to ICT Department/ outsource company for their fixing.
- Collect feedback from staff during their using the system if any.
- Send the proposed suggestion which the system should have to improve the current system if any.
7. Team work:
- Work cooperatively within own unit/department and with other units and departments
- Willingly accept additional responsibility, tries to make others’ job easier
- Recognize and support the skills and qualities of others
- Willingly exchange appropriate and professional information with co-workers
- Listen to customer needs and responds in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Provide timely feedback to the appropriate customer in a clear and concise manner.
- Use professional judgment in providing information based on the situation and is sensitive to individual and organizational concerns.
- Consistently ensures that information known about the customer is kept private and confidential.
- BA Graduated
- Fluent in English
- Software Packages: experience and competence in, e.g. Word processing packages, spread sheets, presentation packages
- Knowledge or experience of incident management in any healthcare setting.
- Training and excellent presentation experience
3. Skills and knowledge:
- Planning and organizational abilities, e.g.:
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Ability to prioritise workload and work flexibly;
- Ability to meet deadlines with tight timescales.
- Interpersonal /Communication Skills:
- Ability to relate well both verbally and in writing with staff all levels in the organization
- Ability to work effectively within different teams;
- Ability to give clear oral presentations and training in both groups and individually;
- Ability to write clear reports appropriate to requirements.
- Able to influence others.
- Fluently written communication skills in English.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Resilient and able to maintain personal effectiveness and work well under pressure
- Integrity: Able to process sensitive information whilst maintaining confidentiality
4. Foreign language(s): English