The Global Operational Excellence role will be a newly formed global role at Ortholite. Our new team’s mission will be to develop our Operations Manufacturing Systems (OMS) and processes to the next level. A key deliverable will be the implementation of LEAN tools, processes, as well as behaviors and methodologies in our production environment.
The Operational Excellence facilitator at each location will report directly to “the local GM” but with a dotted line responsibility to our Vice President of Operational Excellence
As a LEAN Facilitator you would be part of the team driving the Operational Excellence culture/thinking throughout each facility. As an ambassador of LEAN and other Operational Excellence methodologies it would be your role to model, support and train your colleagues and help them understand and adopt these methodologies.
You would be key in leading and supporting the Operational Excellence activities including the roll out of LEAN thinking and tools. In addition, you would own the day-to-day monitoring and follow-up to ensure that Operational Excellences goals and plans are on target.
Hands on experience with LEAN or other Operational Excellence methodologies (e.g. 5S, Kaizen) is a must have in order to be successful in this role.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities for this role include:
- Be Operational Excellence ambassador for the location
- Prepare, contribute to, translate and deliver site training material
- Maintain records regarding associate training and certifications
- Maintain and support the development of our Operational Excellence goals and objectives
- Coach and train associates in LEAN thinking and methodologies
- Audit teams performance against operational excellence methodologies and standards
- Assist local teams with LEAN projects
- Lead Kaizens
- Collect and contribute to best practice examples and ensure knowledge sharing with other global locations
- Participate in on-boarding and training of newly hired associates
- Establishing the Centre of Excellence function
Ability to contribute to the LEAN Project objectives. Familiar with principles of LEAN and other Operational Excellence practices and training. Knowledge with evaluation techniques. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Work involves mobility, speaking, listening, observing and the use of technology. We value practical experience in applying LEAN and / or Six Sigma over a formal education.
You need to be able to work across multiple teams and disciplines and be a dedicated team player.
Must have LEAN Expert/LEAN experience, and/or a minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience in a similar position in a LEAN Manufacturing company
Must have excellent English skills – both orally and in writing.
Experienced user of MS Office applications
An engineering or similar focused degree is preferred but credit will be provided for on the job experience
Experience in the shoe industry is preferred but not required.
You must be able to travel internationally multiple times per year. (15-25% travel, combined domestic and international)