- Communication with customer to/in order to sign contract/consult our services or products
- Communicate daily to keep customer informed on order status by responding to their emails and updating weekly report
- Participate in Skype meetings with customer when required and assist Senior Merchandiser to send follow up meeting summary
- Support the customer during their visits to the factory by participating in range meeting reviews and sending a follow up summary of all points discussed
- Respond to queries received from customer within an appropriate timeframe to ensure all emails are answered.
- Assist with all Merchandising activities – customer related to support Senior Merchandiser for meeting the customer’s requirements
- Receive and check purchase orders for Sampling and Production
- Check the received tech packs include all necessary info; garment spec, fabric spec, label spec, artwork spec if applicable
- Check all submissions (samples, fabric, treatments etc.) match the customers specification before sending
- Ensure all submissions (samples, fabric, treatments etc.) meet the customers quality expectations before sending
- Receive customer comments, translate and communicate to factory
- Prepare costing sheet and send customer FOB quotes within required timeframe and negotiate with customer to confirm pricing
- Ensure customer is sending orders/ comments/ information in accordance with agreed order dates
- Send Weekly reports to inform customer of current status for Sampling and Production orders.
- Assist with all Merchandising activities – factory related to support Senior Merchandiser in communicating and controlling PO details within the factory
- Process orders from customer and communicate to factory using the required documents; Order Spreadsheet, Proforma invoice etc.
- Work with relevant departments to determine consumption of trims and fabric for each style
- Raise purchase orders for all raw materials and track the delivery of each to ensure the input to factory is correct for the critical path and exit date
- Raise purchase orders for treatment and CMP and track this to ensure the input and output are relevant for the critical path
- Work with other departments to give advice and input to ensure production is planned in the most efficient manner
- Support other departments to help find solutions when problems occur
- Ensure all sampling and production meets the quality expectations of customer
- Track sampling and production to ensure Merchandiser tasks are prepare on time i.e. PP dockets
- Work with Factory Office to confirm Packing List date
- Work with Shipping Department to ensure orders ship to plan.
- Other tasks as assigned:
- Support Senior Merchandiser and Merchandising Manager when needed
- Create monthly report for Orders Received; this includes Sampling and Production
- Create monthly report for Orders Invoiced; this includes Sampling and Production
- Send Weekly report to Customer for style by style order status update
- College in Garment Technology or Related field
- 2 years in experience – Applicant must having experience in the garment / manufacturing industry; work directly with production
- Industry knowledge – must understand garments and the componentry behind the business have a working knowledge of fabrics / trims / production.
- Well organized with good time management and problem solving skills
- Good English skills – verbal and written communication required
- Able to work independently and also in a team environment
- Probationary period: 2 months
24 - 35
- Working time: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: 14 annual leave for female