Department Daily Work Management
- Works closely with new project team for new drawing review, make sure drawing dimension callout correctly, measurable, and manufacturable.
- Works with suppliers for measurement method alignment, make sure suppliers and MIL Metrology Lab measure in the same correct way.
- Cooperates with QE (includes AQE, IPQC, OQC teams) for new component FAI and production line issue FA.
- Performs GR&R, CPK, Correlation study.
- Manages daily tasks to be completed in required time. Primary source of contact for the Metrology team, overseeing day to day service of Metrology tasks.
- Monitors Metrology Lab work-load, ensure the lab capacity and capability can meet the business requirement.
- Develops, reviews, and updates SOPs, WIs, and training programs. Keep all documentations up-todate to meet the Quality System requirement.
- Performs calibration, preventative maintenance or repairs on custom / complex equipment or testers, through internal team or 3rd party certified lab.
- Establishes global systematic Metrology system, to allow all Milwaukee labs can work on the same system, share all procedures, documents through system, such as gage & Fixture, CMM programs, measurement method, industry standard, etc…
- Leads the team in continuous improvement projects, such as Metrology system improvement, efficiency improvement, capability improvement, etc…
- Finds out ways to improve supplier metrology system, such as supplier metrology lab audit, supplier MSOP alignment, supplier gage & fixture reviewing.
- Supplier Metrology risk identification and mitigation.
Metrology Team Development
- Maintains and continuously develop personal knowledge on GD&T and expertise related to the service of complex new component measurement.
- Develops staff, maintains job descriptions, conducts 1:1 and performance reviews.
- Develops leadership for direct report persons.
- Develops sub-ordinates on English and other office frequency use software skill, such as PPT.
- Establish metrology budget and carry out the plan to meet business development.
- Manages turnover rate for staff, and IDL.
- Setups Metrology strategy on global new part qualification.
- Setups department KPI in S.M.A.R.T way.
- Establishes different kinds of global reporting regarding to Metro
• Bachelor’s degree above in Mechanical Engineering.
• 8+ years of experience in Metrology.
• 5+ years of leadership experience.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• GD&T certified, can provide training to metrology team on GD&T.
• Familiar with CMM/VMM equipment hardware and software. (Preferred)
• Experience on carry out requirements from ISO17025. (Preferred)
• Experience on carry out requirements from ANSI Z540. (Preferred)
Leadership Competencies (LC) required:
• Customer focused.
• Global Metrology platform thinking.
• Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas, opinions, and
clarification in a proactive and professional manner.
• Ability to interact, coordinate, and communicate effectively with Metrology Lab customers.
• Ability to drive supplier side through SQE team, to follow up required measurement method, gage &
fixture, CMM programs on all components.
Functional Competencies (FC) required:
• Experience on all kinds of mechanical commodities, such as plastic, machining, die-casting, investment
casting, forging, stamping, etc…
• Experience on Metallurgy inspection.
• Travel to Viet Nam or Mexico facilities for Metrology affairs.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Able to work effectively / proactively under pressure;
• Familiar with quality tools (SPC, 5 why, DOE, FMEA, MSA….)
Focus on details, facts, data driven, teamwork