- Training Scheme
- Annual Leave
- Sport Club
The key duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Your main role is network engineer. If you have other skills, let’s explore and improve them together.
- Support and manage the network requirements for any FLG network, member systems and environments changes or migrations;
- Monitor all network, cabling, telephony, and network security systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements;
- Ensure that all networking implementations that we support are secure; reliable; cost effective and fit for purpose;
- Become the technical liaison point for all networking related planning (including telephony) for the Fitness and Lifestyle VN;
- Administer and configure monitoring platforms to ensure optimal performance and alerting capabilities;
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively;
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes;
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment;
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports;
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants;
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends;
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract;
- Processing the queue of managed support tickets;
- Technical consultancy regarding changes to existing products;
- Build and test new managed hardware devices;
- Co-ordinate the deployment of managed hardware devices with customers and internal stakeholders;
- Able to identify and make recommendations for improvements to processes;
- Providing a role model for others in the team through professional behavior and technical expertise
Participation and Collaboration
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Network Infrastructure team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Network Infrastructure Lead;
- Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT based development projects;
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving issues;
- Other duties as required.
Performance and Quality
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting, as required, on IT network performance
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Act as the interface and liaison between the group operational stakeholders and, relevant IT operational support teams (and/or contractors)
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- 1-3 years experience in a network environment is essential
- Experience with Fortinet and Cisco is desirable
- Exposure to running projects effectively
- Extensive knowledge on networking services: DHCP, DNS…
- Familiar configuring & troubleshooting UTM devices (Fortinet, Cisco)
- Familiar configuring & troubleshooting switch L2, L3 (HP, Cisco)
- Extensive knowledge on dynamic routing (OSPF), NAT.
- Azure knowledge is a plus
- Linux knowledge is also a plus
- Fluent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts is required.
- Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets is required.
- Ability to establish strong relationships internally.
- Good understanding of the organization’s technology direction.
- Strong technical documentation/interpretation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of business procedures and systems.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities,
- schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Able to analyze problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system Recovery.
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge and help others develop.
- Interest in leading edge technologies. Keen to develop own skills and knowledge and maintain technical currency.