You will be responsible for the coordination of the work permits on the project. General responsibility for work authorization/permitting and defining the permit conditions within a facility remains under the Facilities Owner. A Minimum 5 years’ experience of managing work permit systems in Greenfield construction/commissioning/startup projects in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, and Power Generation.
• Reporting to the HEC HSE Manager on PTW/SIMOPS issues
• Being the focal point for administration and co-ordination of all permits, including those permits that are suspended, but where the work is not complete
• Providing a quality check on the completion of permits and certificates prior to issue ensuring all the necessary signatures have been obtained
• Operating the Permit Office to reflect the current status of all permit work and isolations. This includes maintaining the permit isolation display board
• Ensuring that conflicting permits are not issued; maintaining the Permit Register
• Recording any lessons learned during the operation of the PTW System in the Lessons Learned Register
• Taking a lead role in ensuring the SIMOPs for petrochemical plant construction is not compromised by the issue of conflicting permits
• Coaching and mentoring of subcontractor’s staff
• Ensuring that PTW updates/changes are effectively communicated to all project personnel
• Ensuring that new staff are registered in the PTW register at the appropriate level
• Attend all PTW & SIMOPS meetings
• Carry out weekly audits of the PTW system
• Facilitate and participate in higher level PTW audits
• Supply accurate data and reports regarding PTW status to the project management team
• Report Company and Contractor none compliances immediately to prevent accidents.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Safety engineering preferred or equivalent chemical engineering
• Good communication skills are essential
• Experience in Oil & Gas operations is essential
• Extensive experience in processing plant operations in upstream/downstream Onshore Oil and Gas Industry with at least considerable direct experience undertaking a role as PTW/SIMOPs supervisor or PTW signatory in a major oil and gas project or operation
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Must be capable of working unsupervised and performing at a high level in a safety critical role
• Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.