Ho Chi Minh
• Implement and support operational decisions as determined and instructed by senior management. May contribute and assist in global initiatives e.g. Change Management, Subject Matter Expert (SME) Committees, Retention, Engagement, training, processes, etc.
• Supervise Safety Operations staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work
• Work closely with operations managers to address problem areas, work scheduling for current and projected projects, and projected peak workloads. Monitor, assess and report utilization of staff.
• Monitor and ensure that project processes and department deliverables meet expected quality, financial and productivity targets. Assist with meeting department utilization and realization targets.
• Ensure timely movement of project work through the process steps, in accordance with governing SOPs, ICH/FDA regulations and guidelines, work instructions and client expectations.
• Ensure that staff have been trained on and are following required Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), FDA and ICH guidelines and regulations, Work Instructions and project instructions.
• Senior Level: 6-month contract
• Manager Level: 1 year
• Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and up to 6 years of relevant experience, inclusive of up to 4 years of PV experience and up to 2 years of people management experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Sound knowledge of Safety service lines.
• Staff management skills, effective leadership, motivational and influencing skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
• Ability to mentor and coach.