General Position Summary:
Responsible for developing and maintaining a system to assure that all products manufactured by the company meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Is a member of the plant management team.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Establishes and maintains adequate quality control and inspection techniques, procedures, and coverage, such as inspection of incoming material, work in progress, and finished products to assure that the established standards of quality, accuracy, and performance are maintained.
· Audits finished goods to ensure that customer specifications have been met.
· Meets with and communicates with customers to discuss and resolve quality matters.
· Develop and maintain production standards.
· Answers technical questions from customers and asks questions from customers when necessary.
· Conducts plant tours for customers and visitors.
· Develop and update manual for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
· In the event of non-conformance of product specs, acts as liaison between sales and production.
· Meets with vendors, customers, quality personnel, and management to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
· Prepares necessary reports as required by customers and management.
· Monitor and confirm that operational procedures are followed.
· Supervise laboratory and inspection personnel in all shifts.
· Writing new QA and endorse all new production procedures.
· Development of visual defect limits and color standards for internal and external customers.
· Auditing of specific jobs to ensure specifications are met.
· Perform laboratory tests to guarantee quality standards.
· Review reports and prepare certificate of analysis paperwork
· Oversee the development and submission of supplier claims.
· Training of new employees in inspection and Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Process Capability Studies of manufacturing parameters.
· Communicate with off shifts to determine production scheduling requirements.
· Assist in interviewing and screening of potential employees.
· Ensure that they will comply with all safety rules and regulations and support safety principles at all times.
Other duties as assigned.
Job has supervisory responsibility for production inspectors and system auditors. Be an active member of the ISO management team to ensure all activities and personnel are complying with all principles.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent specializing in Engineering or a related field.
· Minimum 5 years high volume manufacturing industry.
· Minimum 2 years at a supervisory level.
· Must have expert knowledge of production requirements in plastic industry.
· Must have understanding of ISO standards – 9001 and 14001
· Must have understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).
· Must have strong supervisory and management skills.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks and project
· Background in mathematics, statistics, and industrial practices.
· Must be very familiar with Statistical Process Control.
· Needs the ability to supervise, direct and motivate the work of quality assurance personnel.
· Must have ability and willingness 'to work well under pressure.
Specific Job Skills:
· Good communication skills (including listening, writing, speaking) required.
· Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
· Good organizational and leadership skills.
· Coaching, motivational and training skills.
· Physical ability to operate Excel, Word, and computer hardware/software required in QA department.
· Frequently works under deadlines where interruptions often occur.
· Must be able to distinguish color in all degrees.
· Mental agility to cope with frequent, multiple demands requiring rapid and effective situation analysis, problem solving and decision making.
· Results oriented, high energy, achievement driven personality.
· Team player, able to contribute to team-oriented processes.
· Close attention to detail is required in all areas of job. Requires quick decisions and judgment under pressure