5 - 10 Years
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements required by the customers.
- Agree on standards and establish clearly defined quality methods for staff to inspect
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures, quality handbook
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out, and evaluated and those product modifications are investigated if necessary.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Set Quality compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Train relevant departments to be aware of qualified products in each operation.
- Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products
- Work closely with all the department personnel in addressing and resolving quality issues on a daily basis
- Frequently conduct a quality audit to comply with the customer or the third party ‘s standards.
- Perform other related duties as required under the direction of the General Director.
- Work experience in quality management of a manufacturing site
- Quality control testing and inspection experience
- Management ability of a quality control program
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with the 3rd party and internal departments
- Ability to train QC staff to understand clearly the Quality Handbook
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstration of sound problem-solving abilities, as well as, possession of required organizational skills.
- Team player and good leadership quality
- Must be a logical person, and able to convince people with clear points
- Good written and oral English communication skills