Ho Chi Minh
The project is an ILI surveillance study done from a sample of private clinics in Ho Chi Minh city. In the study, outpatient clinics send daily text messages reporting the number of patients that attended that day and the number of patients that met the clinical definition of influenza-like illness. The study collects swab samples every week that are tested for influenza A/B and subtyped for influenza A/H1 and A/H3 if they are influenza positive. Influenza A positive samples are sequenced. Clinicians enrolled in the study are reimbursed for their text-message fees. Two nurses are employed (located in Ho Chi Minh City) as part of the study to travel to clinics to collect swabs from patients who are prospectively enrolled in this study. The post holder will act as the project manager and a molecular biologist responsible for diagnostic testing and sequencing.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Execute study-related administrative and financial tasks, such as collection of data and regulatory documents, managing reimbursement for patients, compensation for participating doctors and study staff, filing or retrieving files, maintaining patient charts and supply inventories.
· Manage two nurses currently working in the ILI surveillance study.
· Arrange meetings and workshops for clinicians if necessary.
· Communicate updates/results to doctors participating in ILI surveillance in Ho Chi Minh City.
· Liaise with colleagues in monitoring, data management and laboratory departments to ensure quality and harmonious execution of study procedures.
· Samples labelling and storage.
· Data management.
· PCR for detecting FluA and FluB and subtypes H1 and H3 of FluA positives.
· MiSeq sequencing.
· Serological assays to influenza stalk (HA2) antibody on 540 archives samples.
Mathematical Modelling Group
This post is based in OUCRU Ho Chi Minh City.
HOURS OF WORK
37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
This is a 7-month contract.
Dr. Marc Choisy – Head of Mathematical Modelling Group
- Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labour Law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates, either by email or by post to the following address:
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit
Laboratory of Clinical Science
Hospital for Tropical Diseases
764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
26th August 2020
* We thank all candidates for their interest but only short-listed applicants will be notified for interview.
Ho Chi Minh