- The job holder is responsible for maintaining the server-side developments of web applications by leading teams to develop and maintaining functional and stable web applications to meet customer needs.
- The job holder will collaborate closely with other developers to ensure backend system quality and consistency to support functionality of applications.
Key accountabilities (1)
A. Software Development
- Drive and deliver top quality Python, PHP, NodeJS, Java or Ruby backend code across a broad array of interactive web projects.
- Own a digital platform’s backend code and the architecture of the user experience, bringing into life functionalities proposed by designers from development to delivery.
- Collaborate with Front End Developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic and other applications APIs.
- Ensure that all materials produced have a high degree of quality, accuracy, timeliness and complies with accessibility standards.
- Maintain consistent solution architecture to backend solutions to easily integrate with future products.
- Actively test and debug programs to ensure stability and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain back end code that improves analytical and statistical modeling and forecasting methods to support business tribes in their decision making process.
B. Software Documentation
- Guide tribe and squad members on translating business requirements into technical design documents.
- Actively review and drive discussions with squad members on functional requirement documents for building and improving TCB’s digital products.
Key accountabilities (2)
Key accountabilities (3)
Key Relationships - Line Manager
Key Relationships - Subordinate
Key Relationships - Internal relationship
Teams within the Transformation Office and relevant departments in the Bank
Key Relationships - External relationship
Partners providing professional services
Qualification and Experiences
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology
6 to 8 years of relevant working experience in backend web development
English proficiency requirements are pursuant to Techcombank's policy
Experience in backend web development using scripting languages/frameworks (Python, PHP, NodeJS, Java or Ruby)
Deep experience working with relational DBMS and SQL
Experience working in a source-controlled environment such as GIT or TFVC
Experience in full development life cycle from requirements analysis through coding and release
Deep experience developing, testing, documenting and releasing mission-critical software
Solid understanding of API design and implementation
Experience in Agile Software Development with a strong understanding of Agile principles, practices and Scrum methodologies.
Experience working in Agile teams to support digital transformation projects.