- Managing design process from conception through to final sampling.
- Market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Conceptualize and design of product range based on brand image and positioning.
- Plan the line according to sales needs and emerging trends while maintaining appeal to our customer
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends and business strategy.
- Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters
- Work closely with the design & sourcing team to meet fabric & trim suppliers ensuring material/trim consolidation for cost efficiency.
- Make flat sketches/designs in Adobe illustrator of apparel
- Create artwork illustration for graphic prints on garments,
- Create sample & production technical packages
- Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
- Strong knowledge of fit, fabric, construction details and pattern, color.
- Works closely with all team to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Maintain effective communication with merchandising team to ensure all T&A
- Review & comment on all strike offs & communicate to merchandising
- Fitting garments sample, communicating sample development with teachnical teams including an aesthetic perspective of sample.
- Preparing presentations internal meeting and any required meeting for customers.
- Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Proficient sketching in Illustrator and capable in Photoshop and In Design.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style, color, and fit.
- Multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/ consumer.Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabric, color use, sewing techniques, andtrim.
- Ability to establish good relationships with other department staff.
· Diploma/Degree in Fashion or Design preferred.
· Good understanding of garment construction and costing.
· Pays attention to details and works with a positive, responsible and polite attitude
· Knowledge in textiles and pattern making.
· Excellent time management skills and independent worker.
· Min, 5y of experiances