2 - 5 Years
Experienced (Non - Manager)
- Assessing project requirements
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Liaising with suppliers
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- Presenting designs to managers and clients
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice
- Analysing and interpreting data.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Solicit new business and provide technical customer service.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in the relevant Engineering discipline or similar; prefer electrical/mechanical engineering
· At least 2-3 years experience in a similar technical role recommended.
· Experience working as a part of project management team.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to follow instructions and collaborate with others.
* Key skills for mechanical engineers
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills.