Monjasa is a leading global partner in the oil and shipping industry who believes strongly in driving Personal Business. We aim to inspire our business partners and become first choice by challenging status quo with our original solutions. We are thus on the lookout for a colleague who can identify with Monjasa’s values and is capable of building strong relations both internally and externally
As our new Trader in Vietnam, you will join our Chief Representative and Marketing Executive at our office in Ho Chi Minh City. You will also work closely together with our sister office in Singapore. Altogether you will be a team of approximately seven Traders, with drive, extensive knowledge about- and passion for the industry, covering Southeast Asia. Furthermore, your role will also be in close dialogue with our global offices and customers on bunker supply in Southeast Asia.
The small and dynamic setup in the office makes this a unique opportunity for you to influence Monjasa’s way of doing business in Vietnam and develop personal and close relations to our customers and suppliers in the market.
You will start out with back-to-back trading, focusing on sales and purchase of bunker fuel. As you learn the ropes of bunker trading, you will gradually become involved in physical bunker supply operations as well. You will be in contact with supplier and customer networks all over Southeast Asia as you develop original and enterprising solutions. Thus, it is important that you have a determined mindset, are able to generate business opportunities and engage with business partners.
Areas of focus:
• Develop and maintain a solid and stable portfolio of customers and suppliers
• Ensure optimal customer satisfaction by building strong personal relations and providing specialist advice in bunker solutions
• Liaising with key accounts on orders and physical supply coordination
• Build and nurture personal relations with our suppliers
• Provide internal support by surveying ports/regions, tracking vessel movements, and coordinating fuel delivery
• Communicate and coordinate with global offices on inquiries, orders and coordination of supply in Americas
Your professional skills:
• Relevant education
• Some experience from the shipping, maritime or oil industry, preferably in bunker trading and/or supply
• A good network within the shipping community is an advantage
• Sales or customer relationship management experience
• Fluent in oral and written Vietnamese and English, Thai and Mandarin is an advantage
Your personal skills:
• Committed to build personal relations
• Ability to work both in teams and self-motivated
• Flair for numbers, analysis and negotiation
• Self-driven and resilient with a high customer service focus
• Curious and passionate to learn and develop in a constant changing shipping market