The Welding /NDT Engineer will take responsibility of both of Welding Engineer and NDT Engineer.
As the Welding Engineer, confirms all site welding works are carried out complying with the relevant standards, procedures, plans.
As the NDT Engineer, confirms that Company’s products are inspected in accordance with the relevant plan and procedure before they reach the owner.
To fulfil the responsibility, the Welding / NDT Engineer encourages that the erection subcontractor manages the welding and inspection work complying with the approved plans, procedures and requirements under QC Manager’s support.
- A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in mechanical, science, welding or metallurgy engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in QA/QC, NDT and welding work in power plant industry.
- Have previous experience in PAUT (Phased Array UT) and RT.
- Strong numerical skills used in an engineering context.
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans.
- Have the certification of welding and NDT.
- Have Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credentials or demonstrated ability to achieve the certification.
- Have knowledge of general steel fabrication practices, particularly welding and heat treatment.
- Have knowledge of materials (heat treatment, testing, service applications) including carbon steels, low alloy steels, 9Cr steels and duplex stainless steels.