Work Cross-Functionally to Set and Achieve Strategic Objectives
- Be responsible for achievements of all KPIs of the Sponsorship Program.
- Lead the process of preparing the Sponsorship Annual Plan (SAP) and Annual Report (SAR), Budget Forecasts and Procurement Plan. Regularly and timely review these plans and propose necessary adjustments.
- Work with Global Sponsorship Operations (GSO) to ensure that Country Office (CO) annual plans support agency and sponsorship strategic priorities.
- Lead all budget planning related to Sponsorship and monitor Sponsorship financial metrics and operation team budget.
- Ensure that sponsorship related objectives in the areas of program, budget, operations and sponsor retention are reviewed at least quarterly by the SMT.
- Lead the annual self-assessment of sponsorship according to Global Sponsorship guidelines. Coordinate sponsorship reviews as appropriate. Create an Action Plan based on the self-assessment /review and track each item through to closure. Report quarterly on progress.
- Act as a focal point to SC Global Sponsorship Members in matters relating to Sponsorship operations management.
- Oversee the implementation of CS core components (ECCD, BE, AD and SHN), as well as non-core component of Child protection. Responsible for ensuring quality in the delivery of program activities in line with the organizational standards and metrics, identifying any emerging issues affecting project implementation and determining solutions in consultations with SMT and thematic leads.
- Provide direct support to Area Impact Coordinator, other project staffs and implementing partners in the implementation of core program activities, work closely with other thematic Program/Project Managers to generate internal technical support for CS core programs and facilitate the delivery of technical assistance from GSO team, as well as in country PDQA team, during project implementation
- Identify, prevent and mitigate risks stemming from project design, implementation and field operations of Child Sponsorship Program with a particular attention to child-safeguarding, safety and security, fraud and diversion of resources, harassment and bullying
Child Eligibility & Program Participation:
- Ensure that systems are in place to monitor child eligibility and participation in sponsorship-funded programs. When standards are not being met, take proper and timely action based on Global Sponsorship policies and procedures.
Sponsor Servicing and Retention:
- Work with Sponsorship Operations Coordinator and provide supports needed to ensure that:
- Supply materials for retention communications (written pieces, video, photos, recordings) each year that bring alive SCI programs and the realities facing children and communities in the impact area(s). Work with program teams and partners to collect success stories, photos and program results. Submit drafts to GSO according to guidelines.
- All other forms of correspondence are of high quality and mailed on time including Welcome Letters, 30 Day Letters, responses to sponsor mail, email and inquiries through Donor Services.
- Timely and quality coordination with appropriate field office staff, and administration team for all sponsor visits.
- Meet additional Save the Children Member Sponsor Servicing requirements as needed.
Operations and Compliance with Internal and External Standards:
- Ensure full compliance with the Sponsorship Policies and Procedures Manual, SCI Child Safeguarding and Data Protection standards, policies and protocols.
- Ensure that proper parental consent is obtained for all enrolled children. Oversee annual updating of data and photos for all enrolled children annually through the AFU process.
- Report the death or ineligibility of any enrolled child within established timeframes.
- Utilize the ASISt database to the maximum of its capacity for monitoring and reporting functions throughout the sponsorship management system. Ensure that staff members are trained in the use of ASISt.
- Ensure that the monthly management report is submitted to the Country Director and Program Directors and shared with GSO on schedule.
- Ensure that manual files are kept accurate, up to date and secure.
- Work with staff and communities to enrol children in sponsorship. Meet annual enrolment targets.
- Ensure that community members and parents of sponsored children have a firm understanding of sponsorship and SCUS through sponsorship orientation session(s).
- Lead quality improvement efforts to ensure that key areas for improvement are identified each year and progress toward improvement is tracked.
Country Program Development
- Work closely with relevant Program Managers and technical experts (Education, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Child Poverty and Health and Nutrition) to monitor recent developments in the respective sectors in Viet Nam and SC global priorities in thematic areas. Develop strategic direction of the CS Program according to recent developments in respective sectors with emphasis to introducing innovations in the core program interventions (ECCD, BE, AD and SHN).
- Maintain relationships with SC members currently supporting the CS Program and provide support to SMT in exploring other SC members with interest to support the CS Program
- With support from DPI, PDQDA, Area and Field Managers and other Program Managers, identify and assess potential additional impact areas and develop the plan for the expansion of CS Program in the selected impact area. Work closely with other thematic Program Managers to create and implement small entry projects in the selected impact area.
- Handle the development of CS project proposals in coordination with Awards team, SC member TA, CS Program staff to develop the project concept and with Finance team to develop project budget. Ensure that the project proposals are reviewed by DPDQA, DPI and FSSD before submission.
- Actively engage in CS Program portfolio fund raising in coordination with Awards team, DPDQA and SC members designated staff and TAs
- Work closely with MEAL team to capture CS Program impact and lessons, collect feedback from beneficiaries about the program and ensure these are integrated in CS Program development
- Provide support to relevant DPDQA, program managers and thematic leads in developing the Country Annual Plan, Country Annual Report and Country Strategic Plan.
- Line manage the assigned coordinators and provide support to the post holders in managing staff under their supervision. Make sure that each staff has clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and there is synergy among members of the team.
- Take responsibility for the management of the team work plan
- Identify CS program core staff and ensure the continuity of their services to guaranty program quality delivery.
- Work together with line managed staff to identify clear performance objectives. Manage the performance of all staff in the CS team through effective use of the Develop to Perform System including establishing clear, measureable objectives that relate to the Sponsorship Policies and Procedures Manual and achieving operational and strategic objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Documentation of performance that is at standard and above and less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans.
- Identify capacity building plan for sponsorship staff and provide them with opportunities for professional development. When needed, provide direct coaching or mentoring to CS program staff in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building. Ensure retention, succession planning, talent management and a clear career pathway for key Sponsorship staff.
- Plan and conduct orientation for new staff and ongoing training for all sponsorship staff.
- Establish and maintain a culture of teamwork, participation, and accountability for excellence, within and across teams and departments.
- Put in place appropriate management systems and practices, including regular team and individual meetings, Sponsorship Field Office meetings and mechanisms for cross department coordination and collaboration, and norms and practices that are results driven.
- Lead the preparation of accurate budget phasing and annual and monthly forecast according to approved annual budget for both SC managed budget and sub-grants in coordination with CS program staff and implementing partners;
- With support from Awards and Finance team and relevant staff, provide overall management of sub-grant - including preparing the sub-grant to partners based on the agreed activities, releasing the sub-grant, monitoring the sub-grant and reviewing sub-grant finance report.
- Work closely with designated member of Finance team in monitoring the project budget. On the regular basis review the project expenses, ensure all expenses are put in appropriate budget code and analyse any underspent or overspent. Ensure the budget is spent as per annual and monthly forecast. Determine any issues related to project budget and determine solutions in coordination with FSSD, DPI, and PDQAD.
- During project sub-grant development, work closely with Award team to ensure that SC internal approval process are followed and grant management requirements (e.g. kick-off meeting, donor requirements) are complied with during project implementation
- Ensure that SCI finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by the staff and implementing partners. Report to DPI and/ or FSSD any suspected violation of SCI finance and procurement policies and procedure for proper investigation.
- Facilitate the delivery of direct finance and procurement management support to implementing partners by the finance and procurement team by integrating finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation
Representation, Partnership and Networking
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with local implementing partners in CS program impact such as government agencies and CSOs for successful project implementation and ensure that government laws, policies and procedures are complied with during project implementation (e.g., MoU, project approval from local authority).
- Provide support to other relevant program managers, thematic leads and experts (including but not limited to Education, Child Protection, Health and Nutrition) in 1) representing SC Vietnam in relevant fora or theme groups locally, internationally and within SCI, including support for increasing SC profile in related sectors; 2) establishing and maintaining network with INGOS, CSOs and donors working on relevant themes to establish synergy and alliance for any advocacy initiative; and 3) establishing coordination and maintaining strong relationship with national level agencies to ensure that SC thematic program is in line with government priorities and fully supported by government