- University degree in the fields of waste management, environmental science, rural development, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of project management experience in the fields of municipal solid waste management, sustainable development or other relevant field;
- Strong networking capability and good communication skills with stakeholders from the public, private and informal sectors, as well as civil society and international organisations enabling collaboration to achieve joint objectives;
- Good knowledge of stakeholders, processes and institutional set-up of municipal waste management in the Mekong Delta;
- Familiarity with environmental issues in Mekong Delta especially related to municipal (plastic) waste management;
- Experience with working in international/multicultural work environment;
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese, complete fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Willingness to travel frequently to project areas;
- Experience with GIZ is a plus.
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive compensation and benefits and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 5th February 2023.
Note: Please state: “Application for the position of Project Officer_3RproMar” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.