- Master’s degree in a course related to the transport or environment, climate change, etc.
- At least 15 years of professional experience in sector of transportation.
- Experiences in environment/climate change, international coordination including experiences in monitoring and evaluation of related projects, of which at least years of working experience with belonging agencies of MOT and other ministries.
- Good skills in training and capacity building.
- Experience of working with international and national partners at the central and local levels, INGOs, stakeholders, donors and other projects.
- Profound knowledge of Viet Nam’s transport, environment and climate change policy framework, legislation, institutional landscape, relevant implementation structures, responsibilities and planning processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Excellent command of MS-Office.
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet).
- Friendly personality, high motivation, strong personal development skills, with analytical capacities and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work hard and occasionally on weekends, travel and work in project locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce - sometimes under high pressure - high quality outputs with limited supervision and management.
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player and self-management skills.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send the application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 30th July 2021.
Note: Please state “Application for Senior Project Officer “NDC Transport” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.