Position Purpose & Summary
The Transportation Sourcing Analyst will partner with sourcing leads to support CTL sourcing and analytics projects and efforts as assigned. This will be achieved by exercising strong skills to source data, organize it, analyze it, and reporting on findings in a structured and repeatable manner.
This position supports cross-BU sourcing activities, provides information and insight that actively supports the carrier negotiation process, and leads data integrity improvement initiatives as required.
S/he supports the people who are the focal point for all rate inquiries and respond to requests from business unit stakeholders.
Responsible for preparing data for rate loading, supporting the pre-audit process and conducts rate
analysis as it relates to their area of focus. Establish and maintain supplier performance measures, databases, and assist in developing CTL’s abilities to provide market intelligence.
This position will also assist in developing and executing processes to capture, organize, and analyze shipment information. This role will interact with multiple business units, require cross-BU and functional collaboration and will require problem solving skills and a natural curiosity for driving continuous improvement.
40% Spend Management
• Coordinate with Global Data & Analytics Team to ensure local alignment with global CTL metrics
• Create and maintain metrics reporting and value capture/ measurement tracking tools
• Monitor and ensure assigned BU’s are meeting contractual agreements as it relates to volume
and revenue requirements
• Responsible for freight payable reconciliation and exceptions
• Conduct truckload spend analysis
30% Client Business Unit Interaction
• Review and monitor supplier;
• Create and maintain metrics reporting and value capture/measurement tracking tools.
• Apply broad industry knowledge to market analysis and freight studies specific to the assigned
BU(s) and carrier partners.
• Responsible for freight payable reconciliation and exceptions.
20% Sourcing Support
• Support the CTL Lead strategy with respect to carrier management
• Collaborate with stakeholders to facilitate and monitor utilization of strategic supplier contracts
• Support carrier contracting efforts via eSourcing tool
• Apply industry knowledge to perform bid analysis
• Perform miscellaneous projects and job related duties as assigned and/or require
Internal / External Contacts
Minimum Required Qualifications
• BA/BS preferably in business, transportation, supply chain or equivalent business experience
• Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
• 2-3 years’ experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, finance, trading
or other commercially–oriented roles
• Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous situations
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office with strong expertise in Microsoft Excel, Power BI
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly collaborative - ability to excel in a team environment
• Self-starter – highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
• Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills
• Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
• Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization
• Ability to travel up to 5%
• BA/BS transportation, supply chain or equivalent business experience
• 3 years’ experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, finance, trading or
other commercially–oriented roles, preferably in the truck mode
• Financial acumen, strong analytical skills; experience with scorecards/metrics
• Acquire experience in planning and executing modal sourcing strategies
• Become a part of the expansion of transportation and warehouse spend management
• Demonstrate broader perspective of business environment across Cargill
• Opportunity to drive deeper into sophisticated quantitative analysis methods
• Apply knowledge to new and more complex situations.
• Leverage knowledge, perspectives and experience from working with globally diverse team.
• Be part of new or unfamiliar role, building / being part of a new global team, dealing with
• Be at the forefront of the function’s building capabilities within Market Intelligence
• Collaborate across process areas and across Cargill
• Increase business-partnering skills.
Các công việc tương tự